A short description of who you are and your practice (50-200 words).
• A short description of your chosen character(s), outlining who, through your imagination, she/they has become (50-200 words).
• A proposal of the artwork(s) for submission (100-1000 words).
• Documentation (i.e. images and videos) of the final artwork (for existing work).
• Concept sketches and/or documentation of experiments (for new proposals or work-in-progress).
• Any links to your website, Instagram or other social media (optional).
Submissions may take any creative format, as long as the work or an adaptation can be
Formats might include (but are not limited to):
• Video/moving image
• Digital illustration
• Sound (or sound-based)
• Live performance (recorded or livestreamed online)
• Documentation of performance (for existing or past work)
Please use a filesharing platform such as WeTransfer if necessary.
• All applicants will be notified of their acceptance by SUN 29 AUGUST 2021.
• Applicants may submit more than one proposal.
• We also welcome submissions relating to other Greek female mythical characters.
Diversity, representation and acessibility:
In line with Kleió’s ethos, we particularly welcome submissions from early-career artists/
practitioners, marginalised identities and groups who are underrepresented in the cultural
sector, including those from the LGBTQIA+, working class, POC and disabled communities.
Our curatorial approach values working together with artists to facilitate, develop and realise
their ideas, emphasising sustained engagement with artists’ practices. The final project will
therefore be responsive to the successful proposals received.
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns, do contact us via email or Instagram.